From: brettwilson21@xxxxxxx [mailto:brettwilson21@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 April 2006 15:19
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] 05 ST Fuel Economy

Interesting that someone asked about the fuel mileage on the 05 ST as I was
just about to post on this subject.

I've just had my 10,000km service. The bike is running very well. It feels
slightly more responsive, but nothing like my '99 ST did whenever it came
back from a service.

The thing I've noticed is a remarkable improvement in the fuel usage. I was
regularly getting 200kms or slightly less per tank to reserve while
commuting, running around, etc.

Now I'm easily getting 250kms to reserve. Quite timely as premium has just
hit $1.40 per litre. I havent spoken to the dealer to find out if there is
any significant change in the latest tune to account for this. Its
definately something I've never experienced before.

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this phenomenon?

Brett
Sydney.