Re: [ST] fitted new rear tyre vs. getting older

I have been running Bridgestones BT 020 for the last 80.000 km and milage has improved since the NT (new technology) was introduced. Never saw NN on the tyres.

  This winter I had 2 slides: One was a two wheel slide sideways on a roundabout just after I started a trip. Tyres were cold, temp was about 0 degrees centigrade, and there was a haze of diesel on the road. Fortunately I could control the bike and stayed upright. Could have been the combination of facts..... never had any problems with the tyres in the rain....
  The other slide was during braking. Also cold tyres and cold temp. road a bit moist, no rain. just a short slide and after I released the brakes it was in control again.

  The middle 2 inches of the tyre are made of harder compound. In corners you use the rest of the tyre with soft compound. That should add mileage without loosing grip. But 50% is more than I did imagine in the first place....

  Warming the tyres up seems to be a neccessary routine !
  (I only experienced that with slicks, that are absolutely useless when cold, but stick like chewinggum when warm.)

  Good to know I was not the only one experiencing more mileage an dit is not just me going into the LT-club.

  BTW LT stands for Light Truck.

  Allright, age is nothing but a number. But my daily "nightcreme" is to go out and ride some dykes, which used to prevent my psychological aging (or I thought it did).

  Cheers!

  --Markus
  (Made in Rotterdam in 1969)