Re: [ST] was damnitalltoheck, now how's the beemer

Martin,
I find this quite disturbing as I am sure you do. Anyone know of a
good website that explains how this brake system works?

I never did understand the brake failure on the cameraman's 1150GS on
'The Long Way Round'. As I remember it they needed to have something
welded but had it welded in place frying the ABS computer. After that
the brakes were non-functional. I did not understand this because I
assumed that when an ABS computer failed the brakes continued to
function just without ABS.

Would the GS's that they used in the long way round have had the servo
system and hence have these modulators or is this a completely
separate issue?

Rupert