Re: [ST] Larry Grodsky & Deer

Mike,
One of my greatest fears is smacking a deer.  I've come
close several times at dawn and dusk, as well as daylight,
 and know several people who have hit one ( but able to
slow enough so it was not fatal).  Here in Central Pa,
there are lots of reminders that deer are everywhere and
not just in rural areas.  Deer carcass litter the
highways.  The only defense is slow down and let an 18
wheeler or cage run interference when they are most
active.  Expect the 4 legged critters to do the exact
opposite of what seems logical.  Deer whistles may make
you feel better, but not sure they really work.  Flashing
the headlights seems to work somewhat in a cage, but not a
bike (YMMV)

Glad to hear all you lost was a Tiger.

Dave Bardell

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:34:09 -0700