Re: [ST] Dont let the bastards get you......

On Apr 11, 2006, at 11:01 AM, Nathan Maher wrote:

> I'm not in favor of cameras in general, rather stiffer penalties for
> the
> jackasses who don't know how to drive or chose to do so in a dangerous
> manner.

I'd rather have my tax dollars spent on a camera that can do the job
24/7 than wasting a police officer's valuable time. Plus just having
the cameras there should be a deterrent. They are usually marked with
signs so motorists know they are there and what the fine is. They only
take a picture when they are triggered by a red light runner so unless
you're breaking the law there's no big brother surveillance being done.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned