[ST] F800...

BMW's coming out with more versions of their parallel twin
F800 series, including a F800GS (I'm very curious to how
that's going to look, with that engine it will probably be
a more offroad oriented Yamaha TDM900) and a sort of "speed
double", the F800R: http://tinyurl.com/pgjam

MD seems to love the bike (I think 16 liters is too small for
the tank though, but those mileage figures seem amazing...plus
the bags seem the same as on the K1200):
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/04april06_bmw_f800st.htm

German Motorrad also like the initial riding, smooth and very
nice midrange, but (of course) no spectacular power also no
spectacular technologies, standard frame etc. Nice in the details
though (belt drive, smooth engine, optional stuff, enough power,
same (optional) ABS as on KTM990/Kawa ER6F etc). Price is too
high to make it a real middle class bike, but still reasonable
on its own I think.

With those looks and with a 16 liter tank it's not for me I think.
But perhaps the F800GS will surprise... let's hope the new Tiger
will be a bit practical and economic...

Emile
www.piloot.com