Re: [ST] Dont let the bastards get you......

On 4/11/06, Emile Nossin <Emile@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If your speed at the entry, exit or average
> speed on the whole section was faster than allowed, you'll get your fine
> in the mail a few weeks later automatically. No flashes needed for this,
> it's all digital and it costs a fortune.

we have this in the UK

The left wing lobby

leave it off list please

have already used this technology on certain freeway
> stretches to enforce an 80 km/h speedlimit because of "air polution"
> (compared to the normal 100 or 120 km/h). This actually resulted in
> a huge increase in traffic jams before this segments (bottlenecks),
> no doubt also in air polution. But of course if it was up to this
> left wing lobby they would want 80 km/h on every freeway (or just
> horse and carriage if they would have absolute power).

again leave your politics off list please, but if everyone went at the same
speed there would be no bottlenecks. If you have ever driven with cruise
control you become aware how people tend to drive in spurts. Ultimately,
people drive fast to join the end of the next queue and it costs more in
terms of petrol consumption, rubber and pollution.

I believe there are also camera checkpoints here and there checking
> automatically for a minimal distances per speed between vehicles and
> whether your belt is on (don't know how that works).
>
> A variation of segment checking also seems to be in use on the French
> tollroads. If the apparent time between two certain tollbooths is too
> quick, you'll be fined as well.

The French have been doing that for over 15 years, previously based on the
policemans judgement.

I dont have a problem with speed per se but im starting to get more scared
with the arrogance of drivers who dont seem to accept responsibility for
their place on the road. Luckily i am not one of the people that has to pull
the bodies away from results of too much speed in the wrong place otherwise
i may have a different view.

--
Pat