Re: [ST] Dont let the bastards get you......

---- Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now that would be cool.  People driving the tunnels in and around Pittsburgh could use a little of that notion.  Everytime I'm up there, the people jam on their brakes on the freeway because there is a straight tunnel impending (straighter than the rest of the damn roads).  Maybe that's it, they cannot comprehend a well maintained, straight piece of road......

I have to drive thru that damn Squirrel Hill Tunnel every day. Weirdest thing. Any traffic entering the highway before the tunnel has been merged for at least a quarter mile. There is no traffic merging onto the highway after the tunnel. Yet speed goes from 45/50 down to 20 (or even stopped!) as you enter the tunnel then accelerates up to 60+ as you exit the tunnel.

Garry