Re: [ST] Check Engine light and no fuel gage 2003 ST

Dan,

Nothing to worry about. Mine did that a couple of time (or more).
When you read the error code, it means: hight impedance fuel sensor or something like that.
Bad contact or disconnected fuel gauge do trigger the check engine light.

If the contact is erratic and the fuel gauge comes back up on it's own, then the MIL (check engine) would come
off after 3 complete wram up cool down cycles. If the gauge doesn't come up again:

-either the connector under the tank needs cleaning with contact spray (buy it at Fry's for ex). This kind
of spray affect connector seal then apply a little amount only. You can access it by the side without
removing tank, but it's tricky. Or you can remove the tank either.
-or the gauge fuel sender is out (which I doubt)
-or the connector is diconnected( which I doubt too)

Good luck

Fred ST 02 BRG