Re: [ST] Fw: Rear hugger install on an 01

I would think it is similar, but I'm not sure.  I installed the NWS.  I'll let someone else give you specifics for the Triumph one.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Todd J <me_shucker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:37:18 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Fw: Rear hugger install on an 01

Well that about sums up some of my "issues". Don't have the tools for removal nor have I removed the rear wheel before. So, yes, it is somewhat of a big deal to me. Hence my question about the wheel removal for the hugger (Triumph brand btw). I had talked with my service manager and she thought it was not nec to remove it, but wasn't totally certain. So, how about other tools for the job, should I expect to remove the brake line to route it through?

  I am really trying to gain a picture of the amount of work required. Since I have a 4 yr old boy running around, who would rather play with me than learn some of dad's interesting new words, I would like to understand my shop time needs, if possible.

  Thanks for the feedback folks!
Todd

Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I would think that some people think it's a big deal because they have never done it, don't have the tools (socket and long enough wrench), or don't do these things themselves (a guy I work with has a Sprint and it is pushing it for him to check his own tire pressure...). I agree - buy the tools (not that expensive) and easily recover the cost on tire replacements.

Matt Heyer