Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 13, Issue 36

would you guys that subscribe to the digest PLEASE edit the subject line
of your replies to reflect the thread that you are replying to

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Heyer" <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 13, Issue 36

> No problem.  To answer your question, the book makes no mention of a
left-hand thread on the nut, and I went and inspected - it is a normally
threaded nut.  Probably why it is staked.  Anybody have experience with
re-using staked nuts?  Is it truly bad practice, or is it more of a
"remove seat and disconnect battery" when waxing the chain sort of
thing?

> Good point on the pannier rails - I do remove the rail on the right
side to get the hugger on and off.