Re: [ST] for Brett - fuel economy

Hey Emile, Good info!  Pilots are always good for knowing engine workings
when relating to temp, altitude and pressure.

Did you ever hear of a water injection system for engines?  As I understand
it, the misting of water into the cylinder helps both the swirl of the
fuel-air mixture, and it further 'emulsifies' the gasoline (I think that is
the correct work to use) down into finer particles so that the fuel is
better dispursed throughout the cylinder, resulting in a cleaner more
efficient combustion.  Someone check my thinking here as I don't know it's
100% accurate, but I do know water injection systems work. (I alreay burned
my daily research time limit on the thermal expansion properties of
gasoline)  <grin>

Of yeah, there is a weight penalty for carrying gas AND water, but I don't
think the volume of water is that great compared to gasoline

--Joel