Re: [ST] Fitting a Corbin seat

lol - yeah, return it for the Sargent...  I should get to that post on my experience with the seats (stock, gel, Corbin, Sargent, and Sargent custom) soon.  I promise......

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Rupert Galea <rgalea@xxxxxxxxx>
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 3:36:47 PM
Subject: [ST] Fitting a Corbin seat

So I got a Corbin. I would have gone with a Seargent but too many
people did not like the seating position.

I knew from previous posts that it would probably not fit without some
adjustments. So I went to put it on and could not get it to latch. I
pushed down so hard that I caused a small rip at the back of the seat
:(

I raised the latch with two washers (could not not go any higher
without longer bolts). That was not enough. I then trimmed down the
rear rubber stops. Still no luck. My next plan is to trim down the
center rubber stops.

Can someone who has been through this offer any suggestions?
Thanks
Rupert