Re: [ST] Fuel economy - ad nauseam

Ken, most people that try to modify the fuel map go for the Tuneboy
rather than the PCIII.  The Tuneboy (http://www.tuneboy.com.au) was
developed to allow the user to adjust the stock map rather than
piggyback the PC to change the computer's output.  Its a better way to
do things, as long as its available for your bike...

I don't know if anyone has tried to adjust the map on a completely
stock bike (I've thought about it) so I can't really answer your
question.

Dan

>>> knisula@xxxxxxxxx 4/18/2006 8:13 AM >>>
I know there have been several posts concerning
various points of fuel economy over the last week,
however I have a real world question.  I have an '05
ST and on hard twisty riding i consistantly get 36mpg.
 I also have a an HD which I had a new fuel injection
computer controller installed that was dyno tuned for
a custom map over 24 points of the rpm range.  Not
only did this increase the power delivery and range,
but my fuel economy went from 43 MPG to 48 MPG.  Has
anyone installed a Power Commander III?  I am not
looking for anymore power (well ofcourse I am) but
more importantly I would like to run more efficiently.
 Keep in mind that with installation and dyno-tuning
it will cost close to $750.

Ken

www.packereng.com