Re: [ST] Fuel economy - ad nauseam

Brett,
I have a tuneboy and had those same concerns.  They get reinforced when the warning screen tells you that you can do damage to the engine.  You can load the original tune back in.  You can download what you have in the ECU and send it to Wayne and he will send you file that you can upload at anytime.  Also, you can get most if not all Triumph tunes off the web plus loads of home brew tunes.  You can play with the map yourself, just don't make drastic changes all at once.  Just remember that you CAN really do physical damage to the engine by having it fire at the wrong times.   It has been my opinion that you either trust someone elses tune from a reputable source or you need to work with a dyno guy to get your own tune.  There are just too many variables just to tweek and ride by yourself and not have a way to check it.  The dealers I have dealt with will change a tune for the labor rate which is usually a half an hour or less.  Also, after numerous inquiries I was never able
  to get
 a response about playing with the stock tune.  Most people who get tuneboys have changed something, it's the nature of those kind of guys.
Rod