[ST] Starter wont turn

Hi Folks

Mostly lurked around here, picking up loads of hints and tips. I thought
I'd post this up, in case it will help someone in the future.

While out yesterday, my faithful '03 ST refused to start. It wouldn't
even crank over. I knew the battery was good etc...

Checked the usual side stand switch, checked the bike was in neutral,
but nothing. Eventually I found that I could get it to go after waggling
the wires to the L/H switchgear, and got the bike home.

Once in the workshop, I first checked out the connector to the clutch
switch. This was all OK.

On to the wiring loom then...

I narrowed down the portion with the break, and carefully opened up the
sleeving around the cables. What I found was that two wires are joined
to one with a crimp connector midway between the handlebar switch and
the instruments (just where the cables flex) This take the power to the
clutch switch and the horn.

What a s*%t piece of design.

Anyway, all fixed and working now, so if yours ever won't turn over, try
the horn. If the horn wont work , then I suggest you look into your loom
for this connector.

I don't recall ever reading about this particular fault before. ( bike's
done 14k miles by the way.

Ride Safely