Re: [ST] Counter Rotating Brakes

What I believe makes the FI seem so complicated is the complete system.  The
ECU, sensors, coils, plugs and if you want the fuel pump may appear
complicated because they have to work together and when it was being
developed it was complicated.  If you have a problem now your game boy tells
you what the problem is.  It's almost like board swapping in computers.  The
carb on my Toyota Land Cruiser in 1976 had 15 vacuum hoses coming out of it
to all kinds of pollution devices.  It had a distributor for the electrics
and a sad coil system.  Try trouble shooting that.  The double pumper
Holly's and Rochester spread bores I ran on Chevy small blocks were also
fun. Finding the problem took a lot of time.  My comment FI being less
complicated is based on that in this stage of development the FI system
really isn't that complicated for the end user / mechanic side.  The
complications are in the system design.  When you talk about the "simple
carb" with it's simple slide and float, you should have had to fix a set of
four manual slide Keihin's on a Kawasaki Z1 that one of which had a passage
way gummed up or the floats weren't set right or they were out of sync
(syncing those puppies was a pure joy to get right not just good enough for
govt work).  It's all in perspective.  From mine, it was much more difficult
to iron out problems and maintain the carb based systems than the new FI
systems because they almost tell what to do.  The fix may be expensive, but
it is usually very well defined.

Rod