From: Dkamest110@xxxxxxx
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:49:46 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] 675 wins middle-weight shootout!

In a message dated 4/20/2006 8:15:27 A.M. Central Standard Time,
matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx writes:

So  Motorcycle Online just published their 2006 middle-weight shootout.  They
heap praise on the 675, and it won hands down.

Three days ago I got the newest issue of "Cycle News" and they did an 8  page
spread on "their" 6 bike middleweight shoot-out and the 675 won by a pretty
big margin. It is a pretty good read.
  It is just unfortunate that unless it's a winning race bike it's  perceived
to be less as a street bike. We all know that a good race bike and a  street
bike have little in common. The TT 600, Daytona's 600 & 650 were/are  great
street bikes (ergo's,handling,brakes,etc.). But because it was .06  of a second
here, 5 lbs. there, 3 hp. less here, it was always perceived as  less.  I
think that with a set of Givi. Krauser, or Hepco Becker  bags  it would make a
fine one-up sport tourer.

Don Kames
03 ST in ILL