[ST] Radiator / Coolant

Hi All,

I have an 01 ST that developed a small leak around one of the radiator hose
connectors. So I drained the radiator by pulling the bottom hose off and
repaired the leak with a small weld. All worked fine and no more leak BUT
the bike is definitely running hotter and quickly heats up at the lights. It
doesn't go near the red, but it goes half-way up and my legs are telling me
the engine is running hotter.

It took some time to refill the radiator, but I'm pretty certain there is
enough coolant (new) in the system. There is fluid up to the top of the cap
and when I fill the overflow near the max line some comes back out when the
bike is hot. I'm no mechanic, does anyone have an idea of what I should look
for or do to resolve this? Does a radiator need to be 'bled' like a brake
line?

Thanks,
Jeff
'01 BRG ST