[ST] new 06

Today's been the first real nice day weather-wise here since, oh, last
September! Was finally able to get the new 06 ABS ST out for some miles.

Much smoother gearbox than my 01 ST.  As with the 01, I still find myself
trying for another gear when already in 6th, but more so with the 06.  Still
getting used to the size overall as it feels bigger and especially taller.
The exhaust heat didn't seem to be an issue but temp only got to ~70F.
Handles like a completely different bike than the 01 (which is for sale
still, btw). Front end seems a bit surer in the downhill curves.

A couple of nitpicky things I've noticed so far. The way to remove the seat
is a pain in the ass (pun intended). You have to pull back the back of the
seat in order to get to two small screws that hold the seat down. Since the
seat fabric is only stapled down, I can see this coming apart in short
order.  Luckily, there's really no reason to remove the seat except to
access the battery.  No sight glass for oil level as with the 01 (but if I
recall correctly, the Speed3's didn't have one either).  Currently, neither
of the trip odometers will reset to zero (yes, I've read the instructions).

The thing that really cheeses me is that I bought the ST about 3 to 4 weeks
before Triumph decided to throw in the hard bags gratis.  While my dealer
said they would try to see if they could swing the bags (I missed out on the
freebies for my 01, too) they also suggested to write a letter to Triumph.
I'm not holding out much hope. I'm currently in search of the west coast
and/or USA rep's name(s).

So it's just over 500 miles and will go in for it's first break-in service
and heated grips install (just in time for Summer!).  So far, so great.

Cheers,
Eric
01 BRG ST
06 Sunset Red ABS ST