Re: [ST] Fuel Economy

An old thread i know, but i,ve returned yesterday after 2 weeks touring Spain and France - put about 2800 on the clock and returned some amazing mpg on my 02 RS. Its averaged about 47- 48 mpg ( imperial) 2 up, throw overs a tank bag and a medium sizred tail pack -  I weigh 15 stone , my wife weighs 12 stone and for a lot of those miles we were cruising at 95 mph with occasional bursts of up to 120 .
The best i got was 52mpg ,no slow speed traffic  keeping it at a steady 95. For  apart of the way i was with a mate on VFR 800 and every 120 mile fuel stop he was putting in just over 2 litres more that me.
             Chris