From: Emile Nossin <Emile@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:53:49 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] Emile

>From: Sprint ST
>Actually I'm starting to think we talking about two things that sound alike
>but are quite different. I think you are talking about the force to turn the
>bars and wheel to accomplish a turn.  I am talking about the force to turn
>the bike with it's feedback felt in the bars.  Does that make sense??? Rod

Not really... no. We are really talking about the same subject, but I think
(but I might very well be wrong) that you are confusing some things. I've
been trying to explain that, but I know I talk too much and the whole point
gets snowed in...

The force you feel is the resistance of the precession, the front wheel
doesn't like to be turned because it is a fast turning wheel. Momentum
as in the way you probably mean it does not influence that really. Like
in a car the steering should become lighter at speed (except in your car,
but I think you should recheck), but it doesn't because of this precession.

The momentum that's gaining (mass times speed) is the forward momentum.
It doesn't matter whether the forward vector is 200 km/h or nil, a sidevector
of 3 km/h requires the same force independent of forward speed. The thing
that changes is the ground path trajectory of course. I think you are
mixing up forward momentum with vectors / force in the left to right axis?

Emile
www.piloot.com