From: dbardell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 7:23:53 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] new 06

Eric, Brett,

I've got an 01 ST that I keep trying for 7th gear as well,
seems like very little difference between 5th and 6th and
I find myself constantly trying to go up another gear or
just checking to be sure I am already in 6th.  No warp
speed involved - just 60-75 mph highway crusing/commuting.
I would like a bit lower gearing in first and a little
higher in 6th, but no way to get that with a sprocket
change- so I ride it stock.  Riding two lanes and
backroads, this gearing issue is not a problem, so
depending on how you use the bike, it may be a bigger
factor for some.

Dave Bardell
01 ST