Re: [ST] Fuel Economy

Caught the ferry to Bilbao, then down to Avila where we met up with Ted on his VFR 800. The next couple of days went from Aracena west of Sevilla , Jerez for a walk around the track and then across country to Fuengirolla where Ted lives. Spent  a week there and then  up through Spain via Granada ,Lorca ,Albacete ,Teruel and across the Pyrenees ito Pau in France and up through Limoges Chartres and then Calais. The roads in Spain are amazing- there are the very occasional bad ones but in general they're empty, well surfaced and wide (all courtesy of the EEC ). We averaged 250 - 300 miles a day, usually cruising at 90 - 100 mph seeing the occasional car or truck- fantastic 120 mph straights and then  a series of totally open and visible 90 - 100 mph bends- all this for probably 700 miles to the French border where it all changed. Narrow roads. villages every 10 miles and all with at least one set of traffic lights in the middle of town to make sure you got stuck behind a queue o
 f trucks
 . Got back to blighty to discover that i'd been made redundant and was suspended on full pay!!! If only i'd known before we started back!!!
                                  Chris.