Re: [ST] I'm not even sure what to say...

On Apr 25, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Kevin.Dicks@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Was the KZ400 the 4 cyl version ?  If so I had one of those also back
> in
> blighty (long long time ago).  Called Z400J over there - nice bike.

No, the KZ400 was a twin. The KZ650, it's big brother, was a 4 cylinder
as was it's really big brother, the KZ900. They all had a little
plastic tail that at the time seemed really cool and sort of gave them
a family identity. The KZ400's tail was squarer and more functional
than the duckbill tails that the 650 and 900 had.

Tails seem so commonplace now as the Sprint shows, but at the time it
seemed something new and made the Kawasakis stand out.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned