Re: [ST] Loose mirror joint

On 4/25/06, David Jonas <kahonas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The elbow on my right mirror is looser than I want it.  It bounces around
> when I'm riding and is becoming rather distracting.  The left side is just
> fine.  Is there a way to tighten up that joint?  I don't want to have to
> replace an otherwise perfectly good mirror for such a minor problem.  Thanks
> all.
>
> David

David,
After popping off a few times the serrated washer no longer grips the
post. You can put a bolt threw it
http://www.rgalea.com/pics/st_mirror.jpg

Only downside I can think of is the mirror will not pop of during a
collision. Also the nut changes the contour of the mirror rubber
slightly.
Rupert