Re: [ST] Loose mirror joint

On 4/25/06, david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx <david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did the fix below, with minor differences.
> Us washers with a large enough hole to go around the post in the middle
> and press on the serrated washer.
> Do not tighten too much.
> My mirror will bend back if push hard enough, but no longer wiggles around.
> So far I have only had to fix the left mirror.
>
> David W. Funk
> '00 Sprint ST

Just to clarify my mirror bends back fine.

I was just thinking that if for instance you clipped a car mirror at
speed with the serrated washer the mirror would probably come right
off. With a bolt in it that is not going to happen and the force would
get transferred and could do more damage. Not something I worry about
just an FYI.
Rupert