Re: [ST] Fuel Economy

On 25 Apr 2006, at 22:07, Emile Nossin wrote:

> Chris, just wondering how you liked the ferry? I'm looking into a trip
> to the Picos Europas (Northwestern, green Spain) and surroundings
> around the end of september. I'm wondering whether the Portsmouth-
> Bilbao
> P&O ferry or perhaps the Plymouth-Santander one although that's a lot
> farther riding for us from Holland of course. I think the Plymouth
> ferry might
> be faster though.

Have been looking into this too for a summer vacation trip (plan for
family to go by boat, I'll ride down / back from UK via Tunnel /
Clermont / Rodez / Pyrenees).  Someone we know who has been down alot
recommended the Santander Ferry  as being OK - but we looked and it
is v.expensive.

I would have thought you would be able to get almost all the way to
Santander by road as quickly as it would cost to go to UK and then
get the boat.  You'd save plenty of cash too.  Probably more fun
along the way - I'd rather ride in France than along UK motorways any
day: get off the autoroute and it is even more fun...

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03