From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gavin Lawrie
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:18 AM
To: ST
Subject: [ST] 2 Questions about Front Suspension

1) Why are valve emulators called valve emulators?

2) Is it possible to put front forks from other bikes onto the Sprint
instead of stock items?  I ask simply because in days of yore, (e.g.)
putting a Z900 front end on a Z650 was often a cheaper way to get
good  suspension and brakes than to upgrade items etc. etc.  I know
the Daytona items won't fit, as apparently fork tubes too wide (from
earlier post in this list).  But presumably other bikes must have
similar dimension tubes?

Just curious.  Would like to upgrade springs to high rate (being 2m
tall and 100kg I push the limits of Sprint stock adjustments), but if
I did that and there was scope to improve performance of front
suspension at same time it would seem sensible to do.  If I can
afford it / find such my aim is to put new better quality spring /
shock on rear at same time...

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03