Re: [ST] ST alternatives

>>> jaulizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 4/28/2006 3:14 PM >>>
And, tourer=miles. Forget the entry price... keepinfg
in on the road would break your wallet...$600-800
every 7500 miles for valve adjustmusts?  To rich for
my blood...Cool bike though...

You may be a little off here...  First, the Ducati interval is 6k miles
(10k klms).  Then you have to remember that its a valve CHECK.  So if
there's no adjustment needed, the cost will be less.  The local dealer
quotes 6 hrs for the 6k service, at $70/hr that's $420.
I agree, 6k valve inspection intervals are too short for a touring
bike... Oh, and I still agree with the "too rich for my blood" thought!

Speaking of alternatives, I found a bike that is definitely NOT an ST
alternative.  I'm currently riding a T100 while my Sprint gets checked
out.  Fun bike, and I can see why people would like it, but its just not
very comfortable.  The seat feels weird, the seating position is too
chair-like, and the bars are wrong (for me).  Oh and the rear suspension
SUCKS!
I can't wait to get my Sprint back!!

Dan

www.packereng.com