Re: [ST] ST alternatives -VFR

Ok my turn...

There seems to be very similar stories that got a lot of people onto Sprints.

In 2000 I had a '91 GSX750F that had been a faithfull all rounder for three
years. I believe Suzuki  continued the Katana branding on this bike for the US
market. I reached a point where I was ready for something else but had no idea
what. As someone has already said - there are a lot of bikes to be lusted
after.

A mate was racing a Daytona 595 at the time and was gracious enough to give
me five laps of Eastern Creek on it. Having only ridden Jap fours at the time,
the tricked up triple with race pipe was something else. It was enough for me
to consider the Sprint ST.

The next day at work a colleague lent me his VFR800.  I liked it and I can
see why its a popular bike, but for whatever reason it really didnt stir my
blood. It rode really well but I was hesitant to splash out my hard earned. Before
riding the 595 I was pretty much resigned to the Honda. A few weeks later a
'99 Sprint ST appeared for sale with 12,000 kms. Nothing ventured, nothing
gained, so I went for a test ride and within 200m realised I had found the bike
for me.

The GSX felt agricultural after that.

Brett.