Re: [ST] ST alternatives

....and this list is biased as well....we all have
Sprints ! Because WE know whats good !

:-)

Seriously, it is logical to conclude that we have a
little bias , and also that we would arrive at the
Sprint through similar stories, because for whatever
reason, the Sprint is what stirs us, as a group, or we
wouldnt own them. I have always said that the Sprint
is a better VFR than even the VFR, and I use  that
expression because a) the VFR was Triumph's target
when they designed the Sprint, and b) the VFR has
always been the holy grail in its class to all the
media. The Sprint goes, turns, and stops better than
the VFR, period. As far as soft suspension, I never
felt my VFR was taught, although I did buy it with 22k
miles on the clock, and my Sprint is an RS, purchased
new, which I believe is sprung slightly taughter than
an ST....

I remember a guy I used to ride with that owned a VFR
and it was the greatest bike in the world, blah blah
blah...VFR this VFR that. I used to say " He obviuosly
has never ridden a Sprint.... ". Now he rides a BMW R
something.... go figure...

Just my 2 centavos...

All I can say is I put 456 miles on my RS on its first
ride of the season yesterday, most of it twisty, and I
am happy with my decision....

John