From: Marc Van Est <MarcVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 9:39:30 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] 675 Daytona

I really expected so much more from the Honda.

In my mind I was expecting this amazing super bike, but in the end its
not that much better than my Daytona, except for a big thump right at
the top of the rev range.

I'm sure I'll be quicker on the Daytona than on the Honda, its just
easier to ride the Trumpet quickly. Besides my bike has tons of
character and a brassy blare when you open it up.

It makes me thank my lucky stars I bought the Trumpet and not the Honda.

A good friend, who has ridden them all, including my Trumpet, says the
GSXR 1000 has a great power delivery, but the handling is quite nervous.

I don't have enough "Rossi" in me for a nervous handling bike.

Cheers

Marc