[ST] newbie intro

Welcome aboard Al.  I myself had a blue Sprint Executive for 1 year and 16k
miles before trading for a '99 Sprint ST.  GREAT bike.  I had no trouble at
all with the Executive.  I rode it pretty much stock the entire time, short
of a Throttlemeister.  Have fun on it!

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
<<
Hello listers,
I'm a recently retired enthusiast who just bought a '98 Sprint Executive.
I've
been riding mostly BMWs with a few Guzzis thrown in over the past 10 years.
My
new-to-me Triumph is dark blue, has 15K miles, new tires, new brakes, new
battery, Sargent seat, D&D mufflers (as well as stock).

I'd appreciate any advice or tips on repositioning the handle bars closer to
the
rider.  Looks like I need to move them at least 2" (maybe more).  I'd like
hear from riders who have made such a mod with info on any brake line or
control
cables that need to be lengthened.

TIA,

Al Freeland