[ST] Stebel Nautilus/ Rolo Bad Boy

John,

I, too, purchased one of these puppies for one of my winter upgrade
projects.  What finally got me to do it was a good review of it in the
November edition of Motorcycle Consumer News.  In it, the various
contributing editors, in the "Holiday Buyer's Guide", suggest various things
that they recommend.  The horn was one of them. BTW - I really trust these
guys' opinions.

Coincidentally, while contemplating the horn's installation, I remember
Emile had posted some pictures of this installation behind the right-hand
fairing and above the radiator, IIRC.

So, I went searching for them, and re-found the link to them.  (Emile to the
rescue, once again.  Thank you!!!)

http://piloot.smugmug.com/gallery/1338993/1/63153199

As for not using a relay (which was included with the horn I purchased from
a company in Rhode Island called Twisted Throttle; www.twistedthrottle.com),
it seems a little risky in terms of any problems that might cause, versus
going to the extra effort of installing it.

I'm certainly no electronics whiz, but it would seem to me that even with
"pulsing", during that pulse, the current has to go from 0 Amps to 18 Amps.
(18 Amps is what I took directly from the Stebel page for the technical
specs for the horn.)  0-to-18 Amps is one helluva current surge in my book,
and would make me question what I might be damaging over time.

Rich M.

'01 ST
Los Angeles, CA