Re: [ST] New member (Was New production 675 1st showing in Phoeni x )

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 09:04, MFay@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Missing the ST yet? I'll let you visit...  ;)
>
> Hey Eoin, glad you found your way to Triumpnet!
> There's lots of good natured and helpful folks on this list so it's a good
> place to start your ST ownership. There's also a few oddballs but you get
> used to them. ;O)

The sort of people who include their bike in their wedding pics? :-D

> I do miss the sound and power delivery of the triple, the four seems a
> little too 'efficient' after the Triumph lump.

The ST seems very 'efficient' after my Trophy!
Adjusting the choke millimetre by millimetre for the first ten minutes of any
ride to avoid stalling was fun... There's very little to fiddle with on the
ST, not even a fuel tap or idle adjuster, so traffic lights are very
boring :-7
The smoothness of the power delivery from idle is really impressive. I've
taken off in 2nd gear without noticing :) Just the ticket on the slightly
frosty roads we've had lately. The hotgrips are wonderful too...

> Folks, Eoin is the new owner of my '04 ST.
> I've been gradually weaning him away from japanese fours over the last few
> years and now at last he has a proper bike!

Hey, I did own a Trophy3 and loved it - for all of six weeks, before some
idiot cager wrecked it and broke my leg :(

I even have a soft spot for Guzzis... but think I'll save them for my old
age :-P

Eoin

'04 ST 955i
'90 GPz900R