Re: [ST] Cylinder pressure problem

On Feb 3, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Chris Harwood wrote:

> Dealer mechanic tells me that
> initally he got 10-15 lbs per cylinder, after a little oil 100 on the
> center and 75 on each outside, but still not high enough.  Thinks a
> valve adjustment and throttle body sync is the place to start.  Valve
> adjustment checked 4000 miles ago, don't remember if any adjustments
> made, and throttle body sync at the same time.

Ok now for a more serious answer.

It seems unlikely that a compression problem would just show up all at
once. How was it running the last time it was working? I would be a bit
cautious of the mechanic. Did you get to watch the compression test
being performed?

I'm not a mechanic, and I've never done a compression test, but since
standard air pressure is around 14.7 lbs at sea level how do you get a
reading of 10 lbs?

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned