Re: [ST] "Offroad exhaust" tune?

On Feb 4, 2006, at 16:37, Sprint ST wrote:

> I run an 02 with the Triumph CF can.  Yes your dealer should retune
> if you
> bought it from him.  If you didn't, he may or may not charge you to
> retune
> which is less than 5 minutes work not counting warming the bike up.
>
> All I know is that the stock can and tune had no guts when pulling
> out of a
> tight turn if the RPM's dropped.  The can and tune feel like
> dropping from a
> 19T to 18T front sprocket, only better.  I expected the can to give
> me more
> top end but I got better low end and mid-range (probably better top
> end too
> but I don't live there).

Thanks to all for the responses - went by the dealer today and they
put the sport tune in.  Got rid of the flat spot, surging, and off-
idle response problems, pretty much same results as reported above.
$45.

If I go to a K&N air filter, am I going to be back in the same
situation?  Is there a dealer tune available for that, or do I have
to go to the Tuneboy?

KeS