Re: [ST] "Offroad exhaust" tune?

As far as I know most injection systems measure the airflow in the
intake and meter the fuel accordingly.  i.e. the filter is inside the
feedback loop.  This would mean that the ECU would compensate entirely
for blocked filter or no filter at all.

Two types of flow-rate measurement are hot-wire and disc-in-a-cone.

Does anyone know for sure that the ST/RS needs tweaking for filter
change?

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> DEW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/02/2006 17:21:03 >>>
The K&N is a more "open" filter, allowing more airflow to get into the
system.  This has its benefits and downsides.  Some people worry about
debris getting through the K&N that wouldn't go through the factory
filter.  I found that, on a carb'ed Kawasaki, the bike ran leaner when
the K&N was installed and needed the carbs adjusted...  This may be
something the Triumph ECU takes into account, I don't know.  I'm still
running the stock filter on my 03.

Dan