Re: [ST] db's and ears (was "Offroad exhaust" tune?)

>>> bil@xxxxxxxxxx 2/9/2006 12:13 PM >>>
Good info John, thanks!  And agreed, overcoming the noise level with
the
in-ear monitors sounds like the best solution, but there are more
problems
besides the cost, like hooking up.  I've yet to find a way to interface

the in-ears with the typical comm setup like Motocomm for example.

I know Starcom offers a new mic setup that has plugs on it for in-ear
monitors, and I'm sure that the others have come up with this too.  As
for interfacing a complete in-ear monitor/interaural mic setup, I got
the wiring schematic from Tecstar and it uses the same plugs you find on
PS2 keyboards, so that's not a problem.

I have seen use of high-quality in-ear monitors complete with
bone-induction mic by the Indycar racing folks.  But since they have
EE's
on staff I'm sure hook-ups are no problem to them.

I was going to try the Koss type of in-ear, similar to the Shure's in
size
and shape but think they might be problematic when putting on the
helmet.
Ofcourse there is still the hookup and mic problem but one step at a
time.

Yes, this is a problem.  I have a set of the Radio Shack version (same
thing, different color) and they don't work very well with my helmet.

Dan

www.packereng.com