Re: [ST] db's and ears (was "Offroad exhaust" tune?)

Sorry, I meant to say "hooking up couldnt be that big of a problem.... "

John Ulizzi <jaulizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hooking up could be that big of a problem....it might require resoldering a different connector for compatibility,but I think if you found the components, you could make it work. I dont have the time to hunt the stuff down, but would be more than willing to help if you found something that might work....

The Indycar set up is exactly what i was talking about....

Bil Swartz wrote:
Good info John, thanks! And agreed, overcoming the noise level with the
in-ear monitors sounds like the best solution, but there are more problems
besides the cost, like hooking up. I've yet to find a way to interface
the in-ears with the typical comm setup like Motocomm for example.

I have seen use of high-quality in-ear monitors complete with
bone-induction mic by the Indycar racing folks. But since they have EE's
on staff I'm sure hook-ups are no problem to them.

I was going to try the Koss type of in-ear, similar to the Shure's in size
and shape but think they might be problematic when putting on the helmet.
Ofcourse there is still the hookup and mic problem but one step at a time.

Pam had the custom plugs made at an IMS show a few years ago, but found
one doesn't fit quite right once the helmet is in place. Some have
mentioned putting your helmet on when having those made, but the makers
assured us that it wouldn't be neccessary. Wrong.

Due to those issues, I'm seeking something like a Laser-lite with a 25db
reduction.

--

._O_. '03 Sprint ST
-Bil- /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport /~\