Re: [ST] db's and ears (was "Offroad exhaust" tune?)

On 2/9/06, Nathan Maher <nate@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On the subject of ear plugs I highly suggest trying Etymotic's ER-20s.
> They provide a near-true 20db of attenuation at all frequencies whereas
> typical ear plugs provide variable attenuation throughout the audible
> spectrum.

I used them for about four years, but have recently switched to the
Moldex Rockets <http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Moldex-Rockets-Uncorded-p-16504.html>.
I really appreciate the additional 6dB (26 dB total), especially on
repetitive long days. I was surprised by the difference 6 dB could
make.
--
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxx>
<http://sobiloff.typepad.com/>