[ST] ride report

Hi all,

I went along on the local triumph owners "RAT run" on Sunday.

We did a 393km round trip that included three passes, some great high speed stretches ( far beyond the usual haunting grounds of little men with laser guns) and some nice scenic riding.

The group was a mixed bag of trumpets : a Tiger1050, two ST1050's, a Speed Triple1050, an RS955, my Daytona955 as well as four other riders who came along: a BMWK1200s, a TL1000R, a K5 GSXR1000 and a K2 GSXR750.

Fastest through the passes was Donald on his Speed triple -but then he's usually the fastest on anything he rides through the Twisty's.

I chased the GSXR 1000 through the Mitchell pass, and had no problem hanging on to him -he was complaining afterwards that the bumpy surface was unsettling the bike under full throttle, while my bike was as happy as Larry. I also chased the Beemer through the fast section and set a new personal top speed.

There was only one close call when one of the St's lost his nerve and ran wide off a corner heading into Bain's Kloof pass, fortunately there was space for him to bring the bike to a stop.

It seems pretty clear that no matter what you ride you can have as much fun as the next guy, its all in how you ride it not what you ride.

At least four other triumph riders who had said they were coming didn't bother to pitch which is a poor show. I really don't know where all the other Triumph owners ride -I never seem to bump into any of them -just the usual suspects who came along on this ride.

cheers

Marc
Cape Town

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to
the intended recipient or such person's authorised representative,
for the recipient's sole use and is subject to important legal
and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here
<http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm>
Or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.
The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient
(or such person's authorised representative) in terms of section 11
(1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email,
you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.