Re: [ST] ride report

All too easy for slower riders to get suckered into riding beyond their
limits on group rides.

It does not matter what level your riding skill is... there is always
someone faster , and slower.( maybe Rossi excepted ! LOL)

Personally I dont like group riding unless its with guys on  a similar bike,
and riding ability.It always seems a compromise for many , and if peeps get
pushed beyond their limits , it can end in tragedy.

I have  a mate who has just come back to riding bikes after many years
layoff... and its difficult to establish a suitable road speed which suits
both of us. Its even harder with guys who dont know each other , and are "
jostling for position " in a new group riding scenario.

I visited the spanish side of the pyrenees in sept 05 ,with five friends,
and was nearly taken out by a dickhead on a GS 1200( not  a member of our
group) desperately trying to prove it is a superior machine to my ST...even
though we were all riding at obviously touring speeds and were not " playing
"...!It was a pointless peice of bravado which nearly took both of us out
.... and I put it down to this macho posturing which so many guys feel they
have to do to try and impress people.

Pitternator