Re: [ST] Sprint ABS

>From: John Johnson
>In panic mode I over braked and locked up the front. I hit him doing
>a full stoppie.

So did you slide, or did you make a stoppie? I made a huge unexpected
stoppie on my R1150GS ABS once (with ABS on). I wanted to do a high
speed brake test on a huge parking lot, applied immediate full braking
to see how much distance it would eat. But the deceleration was so
high and sudden (and the bike had no cases, plus I'm light) that it
started to topple the bike over the front wheel eventhough it wasn't
locking up or even skidding (ABS prevents skidding, not stoppies). It
went so sudden that the bike was nearly vertical by the time I let go,
then came down again fortunately in a straight manner... man, that costed
me 2 years of my life I guess.

A couple of weeks later I met a Dutch stuntrider team who claimed that
a GS with ABS couldn't make a stoppie. Fortunately my one and only
witness was with me, she was the only one of the group of course who
noticed it (like with all glorious moments in ones life...). Love ABS,
that's the only thing I would like on my Sprint, rest is perfect.

Well.. nearly perfect, perhaps a different front spring set or rear
shock would improve high speed turn stability. What gives the best
improvement, the front springs (cheaper :-)) or the rear shock? Anyone?
I don't ride on race tracks, but do ride sporty on "the street".

Emile
www.piloot.com