Re: [ST] Mounting the hard panniers on a 2001 ST

There is a reinforcing bracket needed for the panniers.
It's mounted in behind the rear guard, has two rubber bungs attached and
stops the panniers from collapsing inwards.

I think you need all three parts to do the job properly.

The reinforcing bracket is essential, although you could make one if you
have the skills and time.

The lifting bracket is necessary if you want to be able to use the centre
stand without removing the LHS pannier. If you're ordering the folding lift
handle get one for the later bikes as it's much nicer than the original
which was just a footpeg fitted upside down (Really!).

The turn signal brackets should be cheap.
You could probably do without but would end up constantly flexing the
signals.
An alternative might be to fit shorter mini signals.

HTH,
Martin (Howlin' Dawg) Fay
Ireland

'06 BMW K1200S