Re: [ST] 2000 RS ECU Question

No, you shouldn't use the kill switch when the fan is running -- coolant
will still circulate for a bit due to convection while the fans is
blowing through the rad, and your engine (and probably a few other
things under the skins) will thank you for letting the fan do it's
job -- lots of cars do the same thing and the behaviour is definitely by
design -- BTW this issue is also mentioned in the links to the T595 site
that were provided earlier

I'd say your CO is a touch low (lean) if it was set to 2 -- IIRC the
optimal setting is about 3, give or take -- I'm actually surprised you
haven't noticed issues -- I know when mine was set too low I had trouble
blipping the throttle on downshifts and the bike seemed a bit anaemic --
mileage might suffer a bit after richening and people behind you may
comment on the odd puff of black smoke and/or the smell of raw gas, but
I wouldn't be concerned about that

In my opinion the washability of the K&N is it's main attraction.  It's
presence will afftect the CO setting (increased airflow leans mixture),
but re-setting CO will fix that.  People claim they can feel an increase
in power, but I think that's wishful thinking. I'd be more concerned
about the possibility of fine grit getting by the filter and shortening
engine life a bit in the long term.

Neil