[ST] Delayed emails?

so what gives?  I've noticed a few of my emails take hours, even a day to get posted - others come through fine.  I've also noticed this with other people's emails - I'll get "new" messages that are dated long ago, and in general get a fair number of emails out of order.

For the administrators of the site, is there some legitimate cause of this (and maybe something that these messages contain or such that should be avoided), or is there just a "ghost in the machine" or other random problem with the list?

Matt Heyer