Re: [ST] One more time... (Long)

Hi Brett,

  Good to hear you came out pretty ok. A bad ending of a nice day.
  I had a similar accident about 5 years ago. Same kind of situation except for the kayak.
  My 14 months old Sprint ST was totalled and written off, I couldn't keep it upright)

  Adrenalin keeps the body going, you don't feel anything at the time. Next day its is terrible and you will probably suffer from headache, aching spine, elbows etc. That will continue for a couple of day's and after that it gets better.
  It appeared that I had a whiplash and I must say that I still do have problems with it on longer rides, so be carefull. It is very difficult to diagnose a whiplash.... And it would be correct to inform your insurance about the possibility of it, so that future medical expenses are covered.

  The rest is something for insurance. I hope you had some coppers at the site of the incident to confirm your story? There must have been many eye-wittnesses and I hope you wrote down some names?

  The bike can handle quite a bang, but you're right about that axle. Better have it replaced or otherwise you will have no confidence in it on the long term. The insurance guy might advise you differently, but do insist.

  Good luck, I hope you will be recovered soon.

  --Markus