From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dave Bardell
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:24 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Auto Cross

Yep, I be one.  Haven't noticed this in Pennsylvania too much, but us
RiderCoaches are pretty much sheltered from the politics.  I don't agree
with the direction of the training in PA though.  Should be a little
tougher in some ways and should require an actual road test (just my
opinion).
Also do not agree with teaching all 4 fingers on the brake, but on most
of the MSF training bikes, it is not a bad thing.  Just if a student
jumps on his personal R1, Z6R, etc.  he is going to lock the front brake
with all four fingers.
Now the latest is to not teach "looking through the turn"  only to look
ahead -- bunch of BS -YMMV...

May be my last year for coaching as it takes up too many weekends that I
could be riding. (Selfish me!!)

Dave Bardell
01 ST
Millerstown, Pa